A friend of mine posted on her Facebook this morning asking for ideas of things to do with her 2 teenage children over the Easter holidays. Most of the activities I share on my blog are aimed at younger kids so it got me thinking, what am I going to do with them when they get older?! So here is a list of ideas I have come up with. Hope it helps!
- Climbing wall centre
- Geo caching -this is free and you can do it anywhere in the country!
- Bike rides
- Ice skating
- Cinema – tesco clubcard vouchers make this more affordable
- Bowling -check their websites for times when they offer cheaper rates or special offers
- Laser quest
- Paint balling
- Day trip to the beach with a frisbee/ the New Forest/ Malvern hills
- National Trust sites
- High ropes course / Go Ape – there is a high ropes course based locally at Culham or various Go Ape sites around the country. I have done Go Ape at Moors Valley Park near Bournemouth twice and loved it!
- Museums – there are lots of free museums in Oxford and London. We particularly enjoyed the RAF museum in London which has a large free car park and was very easy to get to.
- Winchester Science Centre – great place for all ages, particularly the planetarium! (you can read our review here: Winchester Science Centre ).
- Arts and Crafts – No Two Things in Didcot and Funky Teapot in Wantage offer a fab variety of crafts to keep all ages and all budgets happy. Check their websites for holiday activities.
- Trampoline bounce park – Check Groupon for discounts
- Go Karting
- Tennis – free tennis courts at Edmunds Park in Didcot
- Zoo / Safari Park – Tesco clubcard vouchers are great for these
- Theme Parks – Again Tesco clubcard vouchers are great for these or free tickets from The Sun newspaper when you collect 10 tokens. Check the paper for their latest offer.
- Canoeing – check Groupon for offers local to you
- Horse riding
- Theatre trip
- Pamper session such as having nails done or a facial
- Cooking – Join one of the cookery classes run by Mrs Bun or do some baking at home
I hope some of these ideas help those of you with older kids. Let me know if you think of any others and I’ll add them to the list!
Did you enjoy reading this post? Share it with your friends and family using the share buttons below 🙂