I thought it might be helpful to share a round up of all the local activities taking place over the half term week across Oxfordshire. I know February is always a bit of a difficult one due to lack of funds and crap weather so I have aimed to include as many free or cheap events as possible. Don’t forget there are also lots of places we have reviewed for fab days out in all weathers here: Places To Visit and also plenty of ideas for free simple activities to do at home here 14 Simple Things My Kids Love To Do
On all Week.
- Most National Trust sites are running trails and activities throughout the week. Entry is free if you are National Trust members (highly recommend!) plus around £2 for a trail sheet. A few examples are: the goodies, baddies and heroes trail at Stowe Landscape Gardens, nature explorer trail at Upton House & Gardens, wild week at Clivedon at Clivedon and top secret map making at Hughendon Manor.
- Blenheim Palace are running Lords & Ladies workshops all week where children can dress up as lords and ladies, play historical musical instruments and play old fashioned games.
- Bicester Garden Centre bird week has a variety of activities taking place each day through the holidays including painting a nest box, making a bird feeder, etc costing from £2.50-£5. More details and costs here: Bird Week
Monday 13th Feb
- 13-15th Feb Spring Chickens event at the Museum of Natural History. Find out all there is to know about chickens!
- Mud pie monday at Earth Trust Centre. Suggested donation £4 per child. Waterproofs and wellies advised!
Tuesday 14th February
- See fabulous fossils close up at the Banbury Museum. Free admission. Handle fossils and crystals and see them close up under the microscope. Mask making and fossil dig also for £3 per child.
- Stone age themed activities for all the family at the Vale & Downland Museum 10am-3pm. Free entry, some activities require a donation.
- Cogges Manor Farm gingerbread man storytelling and biscuit making in the farm kitchen. Free event, donations welcome to help cover materials.
- Family fun drop in session at Soldiers Of Oxfordshire Museum. Make something to take home for someone you love. £2 per child. To find out more about the museum read our review here: Soldiers Of Oxfordshire Museum
Wednesday 15th February
- Make Easter chicks out of fabric and felt. Free workshop at the Abingdon County Hall Museum 11am
- Mowbray Fields (Didcot) wildlife themed activities. Free of charge
Thursday 16th February
- Intergalactic space show at The River and Rowing Museum free with admission celebrating the opening of their new Clangers and Bagpuss exhibition.
- Anglo Saxons themed family drop in 2pm at the Oxfordshire Museum. Museum entry free, make your own replica object to take home £2 per child. Read our museum review here: The Oxfordshire Museum
Friday 17th February
- Revolting rhymes trail at Roadl Dahl Museum. To find out more about the museum read our review here: Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre
If you are looking for a real treat this half term which includes an over night stay then we highly recommend Junior Builders Week at the Legoland Hotel. Prices are around £150 per family of 4 to stay at the themed hotel for the night, including breakfast and lots of fab Lego Ninjago themed activities during your stay. Please note the theme park itself is closed. Read about our visits over the last 2 years here: Legoland Hotel Junior Builders Week
Did you enjoy reading this post? Share it with your friends and family using the share buttons below 🙂